Portland’s Harvey Milk Street Project
Portland's Harvey Milk Street Project
Help Us Make Portland’s Harvey Milk Street a Reality!
- February 27th: over 2800 signatures submitted from local Portlanders who support the project
- April 3rd: a city-appointed historian panel unanimously agrees Harvey Milk meets Portland City code requirements for a street renaming
- May 15th: Portland Planning & Sustainability Commission unanimously votes in favor of Portland’s own Harvey Milk Street
June 14th: City Council hearing & final vote – just in time for Portland Pride. Save the date & write a letter to your commissioners!
Big thank you to everyone who has gathered signatures, testified, showed up at our public events, & talked to their networks about this awesome project – we wouldn’t be here without the incredible community support.
Will you send a letter or email to City Hall?
Here’s a sample; feel free to use it, though original notes always leave an impression 🙂
Letters can be sent to Mayor Wheeler & our City Commissioners at their City Hall addresses:
Commissioner Dan Saltzman firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Amanda Fritz email@example.com
Commissioner Nick Fish firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Chloe Eudaly email@example.com
Mayor Ted Wheeler MayorWheeler@portlandoregon.gov
- Demonstrate Portland’s commitment to LGBTQ equity & inclusion
- Recognize the historical & cultural significance of the downtown neighborhood to Portland’s nascent LGBTQ community
- Create a strong opportunity to acknowledge additional LGBTQ icons, heroes, & symbols along the street
- Send a message of hope & acceptance to LGBTQ youth