Portland’s Harvey Milk Street Project
Portland's Harvey Milk Street Project
Help Us Make Portland’s Harvey Milk Street a Reality!
In order to apply for the street renaming, the coalition needs to gather 2,500 signatures to show the community supports the change. Any Portland resident 16 years or older can participate! While there is no electronic process to submit signatures, anyone can download the signature sheets and print them out.
Want to help us gather signatures? You can help with our campaign – even if you don’t live in Portland.
Just make sure to follow these simple instructions:
- Download the campaign’s list of frequently asked questions so you can share information about the project with your friends and family!
- Keep each two-page petition (all 20 signatures) together, & make sure to sign & address bottom of each petition (below the 20th signature space), even partially completed ones. Otherwise, they aren’t valid!
- Signature gathering has to be monitored; petition forms cannot be left unattended (i.e. no leaving a clipboard at the entrance to an event).
- Any city of Portland resident 16 years & older can sign (ask people to grab their nearby friends & family!)
- We need the original physical copies (no digital signatures are permitted) – we are happy to mail, email, pick up, drop off, & otherwise facilitate the process for you however we can.
- Petitions can be mailed to Basic Rights Oregon (620 SW 5th Ave., Suite 1210, Portland, OR 97204) or dropped off at Mother’s Bistro & Bar (212 SW Stark St, Portland OR 97204). If this is not possible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup!
- If folks have questions that you don’t feel comfortable answering, feel free to direct them to the project’s website or contact email@example.com.
- Any other questions or concerns? Contact the project’s volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.